The Benefits of Cleaning your HVAC/ Ducts
Your HVAC unit has to do with cooling and heating your home. Maintenance for your HVAC system is essential if you want your unit to run correctly for a substantial amount of time. Cleaning your HVAC system also entails duct maintenance as well.
Cleaning the ducts and vents means that they will be cleaning separate elements in the HVAC unit. It is important to clean multiple areas in the unit because it is unknown what lurks in your ducts. So, when turning on the air conditioning unit, those who have allergies may react from the dust, dander, or mold in the unit.
There are many advantages of cleaning your ducts/ HVAC unit. One benefit is having a more efficient system which will result in lower utility bills. Another benefit is having a healthier living environment. Keeping up with the system will also keep up the longevity of the unit, just like a “tune up” with a vehicle would improve its life span.
Your local SERVPRO franchise is offering a HVAC/duct cleaning special. The special is for $450 per unit. If interested in the benefits of keeping up with your HVAC unit, contact your local franchise today.
Summer's Natural Disasters
Every summer, the U.S. goes through an “active weather” season. The middle of spring through summer is a prime time for hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, thunder storms, and fires. Here at SERVPRO, we’ve already begun to see the impact of the severe weather. In Kentucky, we have already experienced a massive amount of rain. Luckily, our SERVPRO team is here for any natural disaster. We respond to water, wind and fire damage! Here are some weather events to look out for during the spring and summer months:
- Hurricanes–Hurricanes, with the accompanying wind, water, and flood, cause a lot of destruction in areas where they hit. When hurricanes gather strength, buildings, trees, and water infrastructures are commonly destroyed. The storms can also knock down power lines, posing a risk of electrocution.
- Tornadoes– Tornadoes are characterized by whirling winds and debris and can endanger life and property. They are common from spring until the middle of summer but can occur any time of the year.
- Floods– Floods are becoming more common in the U.S., with flash floods as the top weather-related killer. A few inches of water could bring extensive damage to homes and buildings. Heavy rains, levee breaches, and tsunamis cause floods. Many floods occur in areas that cannot absorb rainwater.
- Fires– The heat of the summer and the years of drought experienced in many parts of the country can precipitate massive forest fires that, in many instances, affect dwellings. Spontaneous combustion, volcanic eruption, and faulty electrical wires are other common causes of fires.
Call SERVPRO if you are ever in need after a natural disaster!
HVAC/ Duct Cleaning
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
A routine part of a SERVPRO Franchise Professional’s service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.
Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, your SERVPRO Franchise Professional uses a Portable Ventilation and Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after a fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, your SERVPRO Franchise Professional can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
Do you need Commercial or Residential Demolition?
Here at SERVPRO, no job is too big or too small. We do any water, fire or mold job and whatever else comes along with it. If it requires a little extra work, we are happy to get the job done! Our SERVPRO team offers demolition work if needed to your mitigation or fire job. Many of our customers don’t know that we offer these services.
After demolition is done, we also offer post construction work and final cleaning. Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, it’s time to remove the debris and dirt to lay carpet, paint and decorate. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can provide the debris removal services to prepare the building for interior design.
During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold growth. If you think one of your projects mat have a moisture issue, rely on SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Our SERVPRO team has other specialties other than just mitigation and restoration. Our team also specializes in cleaning. We can clean pretty much anything. And one thing our team likes to clean is carpets for your commercial businesses!
A dirty carpet isn’t something any business wants to have. It looks unprofessional and unkept. Luckily, our SERVPRO team will come in and clean your carpet. The minimum our team will charge is $109 for 500 square feet.
We take every job seriously and commercial carpet cleaning is one of them! We offer a variety of different carpet cleaning methods.
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Call your local franchise to schedule a carpet cleaning for your business today.
We are Hosting C.E. Classes!
On April 12th, our SERVPRO franchise is hosting Continued Education courses! We are offering an Ethics course and a Bio hazard course.
The Ethics class is from 1-4 P.M. and registration will be from 12-1 P.M. that day.
The Bio Hazard Class will be from 10 A.M.- 12 P.M. Registration for the Bio Hazard Class is from 9-10 A.M.
Please RSVP by April 1st at RsvpSERVPRO@gmail.com
Lunch will be provided!
Both classes are located at our brand new SERVPRO location! We are now located at 731 Red Mile Road. Lexington, KY 40504.
For any questions, please call our marketers!
Larry Carter: (859)537-5377
Gina Mulvany: (859)300-4846
Kyle Roe: (502)603-1128
Tyler Prince: (859)940-8769
Restoring your Home After Fire Damage
Fire season is upon us. The average wear and tear of firefighting efforts ultimately lead to extensive smoke damage, fire damage, and acidic ash debris that needs to be cleared ASAP to prevent further damage. SERVPRO, an IICRC certified business, have specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home or commercial business to pre-fire condition.
Whether your home or business is suffering from a small kitchen fire or a structural fire, our technicians are on-call and ready to restore the structure as soon as the call comes in. Timely mitigation is key to managing the restoration process. Acidic soot will begin to break-down glass and metals almost immediately following a fire. Our team will carefully test the affected rooms or any other rooms that may be affected to determine what type of damage has occurred and the best plan of action.
In most cases the walls and roof will become compromised, and in these cases we will board up missing windows. If water damage is present, we will use dehumidifiers and air movers to ensure the area is dry for the smoke and soot removal process. Once we are sure the surfaces are dry, we will use specialized equipment to remove smoke and soot. Smoke odor can pose as extremely challenging to deodorize, however, with our state-of-the-are foggers we are able to clean and sanitize all belongings to pre-fire condition. Getting your home to pre-fire condition is our main priority. Restoration may involve minor repairs, replacing drywall, painting, or installing new flooring.
· 24 Hour Emergency Service
· Faster to Any Size Disaster
· A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry with over 1,650 Franchises
· Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
What to do After Fire Affects your Home or Business
When disaster strikes, timing is imperative. The first hours, even minutes are vital to proper restoration. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. Make yourself and others in your household aware of what to do and what not to do.
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Why Timing is Everything when your Property is Affected by Water Damage
Whether it be flooding, a burst pipe, or a sewer or drain backup, the speed with which mitigation starts is critical.
Within the first few minutes of a water damage:
• Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
• Water is immersed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
• Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
• Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Within the first 24 hours:
• Drywall begins to swell and break down.
• Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
• Furniture begins to swell and crack.
• Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
• A musty odor appears.
Within the first 48 hours to 1 week:
• Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
• Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
• Metal begins to rust and corrode.
• Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
• Wood flooring cups and warps.
Greater than 1 week:
• Restoration time and cost increase significantly therefore, extensive repair & rebuilding may be necessary.
• Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants post serious risks to occupants.
In addition, most insurance policies have provisions that require you to take action to prevent further damage from occurring.
SERVPRO will respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are faster to any sized disaster.
Worried About the Claims Process? Don't be.
No homeowner or commercial business expects to experience a water loss. It’s important to know who to call immediately following your loss. Most likely you’ll contact your insurance agent who will direct you to an insurance adjuster. Next you will want to find someone to take care of emergency services, mitigation, and restoring your property back to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Bourbon,Clark,Harrison,& Montgomery is certified and trained to handle emergency mitigation and restoration services in forms of water, fire, smoke, and mold damage.
What to expect when we arrive:
Our trained professionals will arrive and survey the damage. Before performing any services, we will discuss the plan of action and upon your approval, we will begin emergency services in order to make sure the home is safe. Every step we take will then be reported to the insurance adjuster as it happens.
What to expect when looking at an estimate:
Your insurance adjuster will decide whether the loss is worth a claim or not. The software we use for estimating is a universal program that takes all aspects of the trade into consideration. The estimates directly relate to the claim itself and therefore does not take into consideration any preloss structural conditions. The estimate will be made by the production manager overseeing the job and then reviewed by the adjuster. The production manager on that job will walk you through the estimate and keep you consistently updated with improvement. Upon completion, we will walk you through the entire job and have you sign a satisfactory completion form.
What to expect when paying:
Claims are made through your insurance company and therefore the homeowner will usually only pay their deductible. Deductibles are based on your policy with your insurance company. This is what you pay towards the claim. For example, if your deductible is $500, you will pay $500 toward the claims final cost. We work directly with insurance companies and can be paid through them. We accept credit cards and checks.