SERVPRO has the Mold Infestation Expertise
Mold damage occurs when a natural environmental fungus finds its way into your Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, or Montgomery home. It treats many of the organic materials used to build your home as a food source, finds a suitably dark environment, where moisture exists and goes to work almost immediately.
Finding mold damage in your Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, or Montgomery area is quite common. Many homeowners suffer from this problem; some of you may not even know that it exists. Mold growth produces a dank, musty smell in a localized area surrounding developing colonies. If you know what to look for, or are familiar with the scent, it can be easy to identify areas fairly early. Unfortunately, most homeowners dismiss the odor, even after smelling it countless times.
Discovering mold damage often means that a larger problem exists, by the time you can visually see mold, growth is often out of control on the inside of a wall, ceiling, or floor. Professional remediation specialists, like those at SERVPRO, use specialized equipment to locate sources of water that allow mold growth to occur and use containment methods to stop the spread.
In most situations, homeowners that attempt cleaning moldy areas alone create additional problems that expand the affected area and cause additional damage. They do not understand that store bought chemicals only provide them with half measures, never producing quality results. SERVPRO mold remediation specialists never use chemicals as a sole method to control mold growth in your home.
It may be fun to learn which type of mold invaded your home. However, knowing the species of mold does nothing to change the methods used to mitigate the problem. Unless you specifically want to know, just to know, the mold home test kits that you find in your local supermarket are a waste of time and money. Besides, the results you receive from the lab after 7 to 10-days are often incomprehensible to anyone without an advanced degree in biology or medical testing.
Take advantage of mold remediation services available from SERVPRO of Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, & Montgomery today. We stand ready to help you recover and make the most of any emergency situation that may occur.
Contact our office at (859)-759-0034.
SERVPRO of Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, & Montgomery Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home. The photo above shows damage of a residential property in the area.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Bourbon,Clark,Harrison, & Montgomery will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (859)759-0034
EMERGENCY READY PLANNING
ARE YOU READY FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS ?
Disasters and resulting business interruption can devastate companies ! It is estimated that up to 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster never reopen. However, of those that have reopened, the majority had some type of response plan in place. Now although no one plans on having a disaster, you can always plan for it. These type of disasters and emergencies strike without warning. With the thought of planning ahead we can establish a trustworthy relationship with clients and businesses.
TIMING IS EVRYTHING !
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile for your business, you can help minimize the amount of time your business is in active by having an immediate plan of action. Timely mitigation minimizes the affect of water & fire damage allowing your property and business to be restored at an advanced rate with minimal down time.
WHY THE SERVPRO ERP ?
This is a no cost assessment of your facility which means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost. It was purposely designed to contain only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. In essence, it will only take a little time to complete, however it will save you a lot of time needed. This will establish SERVPRO as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. In turn, this gives you a piece of mind that should you ever need cleanup or restoration services, you have a trusted local provider that will be here for you 24/7. This also identifies the line of command for authorizing work to begin. Which will in turn save time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage faster, which can save you both time and money. Lastly, the emergency ready planning provides facility details, such as valve locations, important areas, and priority contact information. Just by having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it, and who to call provides solution in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency, you are always "Ready for whatever happens."
SERVPRO of Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, and Montgomery Counties is an IICRC Firm!
SERVPRO of Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, and Montgomery counties is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to these companies.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
SERVPRO of Versailles, Nicholasville, and Danville is an IICRC certified firm. Please call your local franchise for the following services. Visit IICRC for more information regarding these certifications.
- Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet Color Repair
- Carpet Inspection
- Carpet Repair and Reinstallation
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Fire and Smoke Restoration
- Hard Surface Cleaning
- Hard Surface Inspection
- House Cleaning
- Leather Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- Odor Control
- Rug Cleaning
- Structural and Commercial Drying
- Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning
- Water Damage
Restoring Your Home After Fire Damage
Fire season is upon us. The average wear and tear of firefighting efforts ultimately lead to extensive smoke damage, fire damage, and acidic ash debris that needs to be cleared ASAP to prevent further damage. SERVPRO of Versailles, Nicholasville and Danville, an IICRC certified business, have specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home or commercial business to pre-fire condition.
Whether your home or business is suffering from a small kitchen fire or a structural fire, our technicians are on-call and ready to restore the structure as soon as the call comes in. Timely mitigation is key to managing the restoration process. Acidic soot will begin to break-down glass and metals almost immediately following a fire. Our team will carefully test the affected rooms or any other rooms that may be affected to determine what type of damage has occurred and the best plan of aciton.
In most cases the walls and roof will become compromised, and in these cases we will board up missing windows. If water damage is present, we will use dehumidifiers and air movers to ensure the area is dry for the smoke and soot removal process. Once we are sure the surfaces are dry, we will use specialized equipment to remove smoke and soot. Smoke odor can pose as extremely challenging to deodorize, however, with our state-of-the-are foggers we are able to clean and sanitize all belongings to pre-fire condition. Getting your home to pre-fire condition is our main priority. Restoration may involve minor repairs, replacing drywall, painting, or installing new flooring.
· 24 Hour Emergency Service
· Faster to Any Size Disaster
· A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry with over 1,650 Franchises
· Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Why Timing is Everything when your Property is Affected by Water Damage
Whether it be flooding, a burst pipe, or a sewer or drain backup, the speed with which mitigation starts is critical.
Within the first few minutes of a water damage:
• Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
• Water is immersed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
• Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
• Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Within the first 24 hours:
• Drywall begins to swell and break down.
• Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
• Furniture begins to swell and crack.
• Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
• A musty odor appears.
Within the first 48 hours to 1 week:
• Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
• Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
• Metal begins to rust and corrode.
• Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
• Wood flooring cups and warps.
Greater than 1 week:
• Restoration time and cost increase significantly therefore, extensive repair & rebuilding may be necessary.
• Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants post serious risks to occupants.
In addition, most insurance policies have provisions that require you to take action to prevent further damage from occurring.
Whether You live in Nicholasville, Wilmore, Danville, Harrodsburg, Versailles or elsewhere, SERVPRO will respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are faster to any sized disaster.
SERVPRO and the American Red Cross Prepare Homeowners and Businesses for the Worst
It is estimated that up to 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster, such as fire and flood never reopen! Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place.
As National Partners with the American Red Cross, SERVPRO of Versailles, Nicholasville, and Danville implements programs designed to readily prepare businesses, homeowners, and other organizations in emergency situations. Our goal is to increase readiness and preparedness amongst businesses & Families. The American Red Cross Ready Rating Program is a measurable, visible framework. The program offers concrete practices and tips to improve an organizations level of preparedness. It starts with an assessment designed to measure your current level of preparedness. After the assessment, a generator will create an OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) compliant Emergency Action Plan for you or your business.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program, such as the American Red Cross Ready Rating Program. By working with SERVPRO of Versailles, Nicholasville & Danville, we’ll help to develop a personalized Emergency READY Profile, filled with the critical information you need in the event, of fire damage, smoke damage, A flood or other water damage.
Preparation is a key component to surviving any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens.
What to do After a Fire Affects your Home or Business
When disaster strikes, timing is imperative. The first hours, even minutes are vital to proper restoration. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. Make yourself and others in your household aware of what to do and what not to do.
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Worried About the Claims Process? Don't Be.
Who to call: 895.759.0034
No homeowner or commercial business expects to experience a water loss. It’s important to know who to call immediately following your loss. Most likely you’ll contact your insurance agent who will direct you to an insurance adjuster. Next you will want to find someone to take care of emergency services, mitigation, and restoring your property back to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Bourbon,Clark,Harrison,& Montgomery is certified and trained to handle emergency mitigation and restoration services in forms of water, fire, smoke, and mold damage.
What to expect when we arrive:
Our trained professionals will arrive and survey the damage. Before performing any services, we will discuss the plan of action and upon your approval, we will begin emergency services in order to make sure the home is safe. Every step we take will then be reported to the insurance adjuster as it happens.
What to expect when looking at an estimate:
Your insurance adjuster will decide whether the loss is worth a claim or not. The software we use for estimating is a universal program that takes all aspects of the trade into consideration. The estimates directly relate to the claim itself and therefore does not take into consideration any preloss structural conditions. The estimate will be made by the production manager overseeing the job and then reviewed by the adjuster. The production manager on that job will walk you through the estimate and keep you consistently updated with improvement. Upon completion, we will walk you through the entire job and have you sign a satisfactory completion form.
What to expect when paying:
Claims are made through your insurance company and therefore the homeowner will usually only pay their deductible. Deductibles are based on your policy with your insurance company. This is what you pay towards the claim. For example, if your deductible is $500, you will pay $500 toward the claims final cost. We work directly with insurance companies and can be paid through them. We accept credit cards and checks.
SERVPRO of Bourbon, Clark, Harrison, and Montgomery counties
Winter Storm Warnings & Watches
Winter Storm Warnings & Watches
Winter storms can range from a moderate snowfall over a few hours to a blizzard with blinding snow that lasts for several days. Some winter storms are large enough to affect several states, while others affect only a single community. Many winter storms are supplemented by dangerously low temperatures and sometimes by strong winds, icing, sleet and freezing rain.
Regardless of the severity of a winter storm, you should be prepared in order to remain safe during these events. There are major differences between a winter watch and a warning.
Winter Storm Watch is issued approximately 24-36 hours before a more significant winter storm is expected. Heavy snow and significant ice accumulations are possible within a Watch area which can adversely affect travel.
Winter Storm Warning is issued when a significant winter storm containing heavy snow and/or significant ice is imminent or already occurring. Traveling is highly discouraged due to poor road conditions
- Winterize your vehicle and keep the gas tank full. A full tank will keep the fuel line from freezing. Check tire pressure, battery, and wiper fluid levels.
- Insulate your home by installing storm windows or covering windows with plastic from the inside to keep cold air out. Turn down your water heater. Mind your thermostat!
- Maintain heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected every year.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.